Such as: gases, glue, correction fluids and thinners, petroleum products, aerosols including hairspray, deodorants and air-fresheners.
How it’s used
You can sniff them directly, put on to a rag or sleeve and inhale. You inhale glues from inside a plastic bag.
• Effects last up to 45 minutes
• You feel more drunk the deeper you inhale
• Your breathing and heart rate slow down
• Loss of coordination and disorientation
• You may lose consciousness and not see properly
• Can cause a red rash around the mouth
• Nausea, vomiting and blackouts
• Your airways may swell up and lead to breathing and heart problems
• They can kill you the first time you use them
• You risk brain, liver and kidney damage
• You may have stomach pain, nausea, vomiting
• You are at risk of accidents while drunk
If you are pregnant
Do not use if you are pregnant as we don’t know enough about the risks to your baby
You can get psychologically addicted so you feel you can’t cope without it. You can build tolerance so you need to take more to get the same buzz.